How to Handle a Break-Up 101
1. Cry everywhere. Cry into your pillow. Cry into your bowl of ice cream. Cry while getting dressed in the morning. Cry every time Olivia Pope drinks a glass of wine. Cry into the lap of another guy. Cry. Cry it out girl.
2. Get rid of his shit. Don’t make any rash decisions and completely throw it away, but just get rid of it. Throw it in a box with his old t-shirts and mixed cd’s and pictures that say “forever” all over them. A- The box will contain his scent that you can smell when you get lonely. B- If he ever becomes famous, you’ll have proof you dated. Label that box “Bullshit.” Just writing the word will make you feel better.
3. Get out of the damn house. I don’t care if it’s just to throw out the bag of McDonalds that has been sitting on your nightstand for 3 weeks- get some fresh air. It’s good for you.
4. Change your routine. (It probably was changed for you.) But switch things up. Go to that yoga class you’d been dying to try but couldn’t because it was the same time as the Packers game. Make cookies every Monday night because you now no longer have to worry about what he’ll eat for dinner. Just do 1 thing different. Something he wouldn’t do. Cause screw him.
5. Imagine he’s already sleeping with someone else. And she is tall, blonde, with a size 2 waist and perfect skin. Pretty much Blake Lively. Then when you see whom he’s actually sleeping with, you won’t feel so bad. I mean- you still will hurt like shit. But at least it wasn’t Blake Lively, righhhhht.
6. Know your self worth. You are smart. Capable. Beautiful. Hard Working. And driven. And just because he doesn’t have his shit together doesn’t mean that you have to stop moving forward. You are the real life Leslie Knope. Ya feel me.
7. Don’t move on too fast. But when you do feel semi-ready to move on, know that there will be someone else who sparks a fire in your soul, hotter than he ever did. I promise you that.”
THERE IS SUCH A FUCKING PROBLEM WITH THE EDUCATION SYSTEM WHEN STUDENTS ARE IN TEARS EVERY SINGLE NIGHT AND WAKE UP EVERY SINGLE MORNING WANTING TO THROW UP AT THE THOUGHT OF GETTING OUT OF BED WHILE THINKING THAT THEY’D RATHER BE DEAD THAN GO TO SCHOOL
eleven thousand people can relate to this post. that’s not okay.